Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Oscars After Show

Inside the Dolby Theater
As you all may know, the Oscars took place on Sunday night! I had the amazing chance to go to the Oscars After Show Live Kelly & Michael at the Dolby Theater. My friend's mom won two tickets to attend from KEYT news. We would be going with local news reporters, Kelsey Gerckens and Joey Buttitta.

Where the Oscars Red Carpet was
Around 1:00 AM, I picked up my friend, Sam, and we made our way out to La Cumbre Mall to go board the Santa Barbara Fun Bus. However, there was no one there yet, so we decided to go get some food before so we wouldn't starve on the way there. My brother came with us because I didn't think we could leave my car parked in La Cumbre Mall overnight, but you sure can! Haha, knew about that the following morning. When we boarded the Fun Bus, it was definitely nostalgic. It was basically limo seating in a school bus, but less comfortable seats and not really a smooth ride. We were hitting bumps all throughout the ride to Hollywood Bowl. SO, we were super tired, couldn't get any sleep on the bus and not really feeling well from the food we had before we boarded.

Wristbands!
Then, we arrived in LA at 4:00 AM and it was so chaotic! There were so many cars and other buses ready to take the shuttle from the Hollywood Bowl to the Dolby Theater, where the Oscars were held. I couldn't believe that we were actually there, though. I think it was because I was partially delusional, but after what had seemed like such a long morning, we finally made it. We were given red wristbands so we had some proof of entry to get into the show.

To make it even better, once we got off the shuttle, we had to wait even longer to get into the actual theater. So, it was a bit cold outside and we waited for about 30 minutes and finally got inside. But, once we had gotten into what I think is the lobby of the theater, we had to wait and get into a more chaotic line and didn't actually get seated until around 5:30 or so AM. It was pretty much free seating, but depending on your color wristband, you would be sitting on the floor, second level, third, etc. We got pretty good seats, we were in the aisle on the left side of the room.

Chey & Sam After the After Oscar Show
The show finally started and man, it was definitely hard work being a part of the audience. It's difficult to be cheering, clapping and whoo'ing at 6 in the morning! Kelly and Michael were so SO sweet and the guest stars including Oscar-winning Brie Larson, performers Andy Grammer and Fifth Harmony. It was so surreal to be there, but I really enjoyed the opportunity and would do it again if given the chance. The entire time, I was wondering what it would feel like to just walk on that stage and how much more amazing it would feel to be performing on that stage.

This definitely upped my standards on how I should start my week, but hey, now I just can't stop thinking about it. There's something to work towards, right? ;)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to We Could Be Amazing by Andy Grammer

No comments:

Post a Comment