Thursday, March 10, 2016

Being a Grown Up

Did you read the title?

I am so glad that Thursday, March 10th, 2016 is going to be coming to an end! Today has been extremely packed and I couldn't express how happy I am that I finally get to sit down, watch a couple episodes on Netflix and get some rest!

PC: Macy, my sweet bud
Today basically consisted of an exam, an interview, studying and homework. Remember my post about scholarships? Well, following up on the Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara, I went in for my interview today at 12 PM and I think it went really well. My interviewer was really kind and it pictured about three individuals there doing and interrogation-style interview. I felt comfortable talking to her about my plans and why I needed the scholarship. The atmosphere was not tense at all.
Pain-makers

Now, I know I'm not alone when I say that I freak out about what is the correct thing to wear to an occasion. I'm a very casual girl! I enjoy being comfortable in a jeans, a t-shirt, or a cotton or linen dress so anything outside of that zone is not really my specialty. I had to put on a chiffon knee-length dress and a short, 3/4 length black cardigan and heels. I had the heels on for nearly 30 minutes, 20 of those sitting down, and my feet were already in pain! 

Anyway, I brought a change of clothes because afterwards, I'd be completing some accounting homework with my study buddy from class! But let me just elaborate on my clothing switch a little more. The dress wasn't a tight-fitted dress and my heels were already switched out for some casual sandals, but the feeling of be able to put your hair up, pull on some leggings and pop on a crew neck sweater... Gee, it was definitely a relief after all the had taken place in the last four hours.

I am officially home, doing what I love. Blogging, burning a soy scented candle, crafting and watching Netflix! Truly, truly blessed. Thanks for a busy day, March 10th, but I sure can hold off for a while until another one like this comes along.

**Also! Did you see that we got a new snapchat filter for our school?! ;)

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Stone Cold by Demi Lovato

No comments:

Post a Comment