Thursday, March 24, 2016

Psyched for Spring Break!

Studying Essentials
I know today was the last day for a lot of students before Spring Break, but I still have two more exams to power through on Friday and then I'll be ready to take off on Break! But, as some of you might know, I have a lot of friends who are already on break and they're coming back into town to visit friends and family. I had some pretty awesome adventures and gladly, was able to spend time with everyone without having to insanely worry about finishing homework or studying! I spent the past weekend making sure I finished the majority of my homework, that way I could study and just prep for tests and lectures and then hang out with friends and go to work!

Froyo w/ Maya
This being said... I had the chance to spend time with two of my really great and wonderful friends yesterday and today! Yesterday, I spent time with Maya and we had a really simple hangout that we usually don't ever do. We grabbed some Frozen Yogurt—like every single hangout we've had... it's sort of become our tradition—and then headed out to Michaels Craft Store, but we didn't feel like shopping at all. But, she needed stuff from Staples and we went to check it out and didn't end up buying anything there either haha. After that... we headed over to Ross and looked at some home decor, sniffed some scented candles, sat in the furniture area and chatted about marriage, because that's obviously what every 18-year-old does. Then, we discussed wanting to be able to find a lipstick that we can wear on a night out and a lipstick for everyday light makeup... But that was a botch to because we walked out empty-handed haha. However, the highlight of this hangout was having Maya over and we spontaneously facetimed our friend Kristen, who is now going to school in Vancouver, and now looking back on it, simple is so much better. We all just talked and caught up, but it's never the same with technology! I miss being able to see my friends physically and showing them what's new. But after Spring Break, we'll have Summer Break to look forward to and I'll finally see them in person!

Me in My Natural Habitat
Today, I spent time with my friend David, who's currently going to school in LA and is back home with his family. After my class at 9:30, I went to take my communications practice exam and studied in the Comm Lab for an hour and then went home, took my grandma out and then headed over to David's. We decided on taking a mini trip out to Solvang, which is around 45-50 minutes out from SB. There, we really just acted like tourists. We spent a lot of time is this little toyshop called Solvang Toyland and also had a really tasty lunch at Fresco cafe. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Pesto Sandwich and it was delicious, but I'm always a sucker for pesto... Solvang, although extremely tiny, has so much to offer! We zipped in and out of a lot of shops and discovered this two-story toy shop that also sold so many skeins of yarn... And I kind of fell unconscious haha. It was a dream! We also found out that PCPA will be showing the musical, In The Heights, in the Solvang Theatre around my birthday and we're probably going to go see it haha. We were both in our high school production of In The Heights. We spent about two hours in town, got tired, sat in this little park area for a couple of minutes and then got in the car and drove back home.

It's been so nice seeing these friends and I'm really bummed that they'll be heading out soon, but I know I'll get to see them in a couple of months anyway. I've been so grateful for the turnout of this week and it's definitely been a great lead in for this coming Spring Break. I'm excited to tell you where I'm headed next week! ;)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Team (Cover) by Kina Grannis, Imaginary Future and Emi Grannis

No comments:

Post a Comment