Thursday, March 3, 2016

Too Late?

Pictures that inspire me to do better things!
It's far past January 1st, but I feel like I'm just starting up on my New Year's resolutions. Like I've said in this post, I'm starting up on a list of what I would like to accomplish for this year and I'd like to include you on this personal journey of mine.
  1. Since I've left high school and attended my last singing lesson, I haven't performed anywhere but the SBCC singing competition back in October and the 18 Xeem Hmong New Year in Fresno in December. Being on stage gives me the good kind of chills, but not even being able to experience that really disappoints me. So, although I probably won't have the chance to stand on a stage for a while, I would like to bring more music back in my life. Whether that means practicing or uploading YouTube videos, I really miss my hobby.
  2. I know this is a common one, but being healthy! So many individuals experience the plunging feeling of being self conscious of their physical appearance, but I want this to be more than what's on the outside. I would like to focus on my physical health as well as my mental health. Feeling strong and confident about oneself really boosts your everyday performance and I really think that this would only benefit, not hinder, my future experiences.
  3. I notice that I've started to hesitate significantly when it comes to doing things outside of my comfort zone. Though this might not seem like a really intense problem, I'm losing experiences that I could have with friends or family. If I have even the tiniest sense that I can do whatever it is that I'm invited to be doing, I want to push myself outside of my limit and enjoy new things. In return, my knowledge will broaden and I'll have a couple more stories to tell my future children!
  4. So many of us are intimidated of what the future has in store, but in reality, I think planning helps that intimidation melt away little by little. My goal is to pinpoint which school I want to transfer to, have an idea of where I want to intern, and save a lot of my money to have a little bit of a safety net to land in once I transfer. I'm deathly afraid of what obstacles I'm going to have to overcome, but with a lot of success comes a lot of struggle as well.
  5. I always have room for improvement. I always feel like I'm putting in all the effort I am whenever I'm doing an assignment, studying, or whatever it may be. But am I really? I went to see Professor Chavez today and talked about my in-class assignments. I thought that I had been doing fairly well for the past couple of weeks, but to my surprise, I really had not been doing as well as I thought. It sucks, but it's true. When I do something, anything, I want all of my thoughts to be put across clearly and concisely. I want to impact somebody while they look over my work, whether it be a video or an assignment.
...aaaand that pretty much sums up what I want to do this year. No specifications, really, but just overall, just a list of self-improvement and empowerment goals. I need this to survive and I can't wait to share what's to come!

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Missin' You by The Summer Set

No comments:

Post a Comment