Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring is Here!

Sunday was the first day of Spring and we can definitely feel it in Santa Barbara now. I don't know about you, but I am ready for it to get a little bit warmer. I do have a soft side for the cold, but it's nice to get a little bit of sun once in a while! I actually put on shorts this past week and... boy oh boy... I didn't realize how pale my legs had gotten! Shielding them from the winter sun with my leggings and jeans has become extremely obvious, but hey, I tan easily so it should only take a couple of hours out in the sun to get some color back onto these legs.

Goleta Beach Pier
For some, it's spring break and a lot of my friends are going to be back! Today, was the first day that I would be seeing a friend! My friend who goes to University of Chicago came and I hung out and I had a lot of fun. After my 8AM class, I went home and finished up working on my flash cards for my COMM exam and then he met me over at my house and we headed over to Isla Vista for some yummy Freebirds burritos. I haven't had Freebirds in forever, but needless to say, it was great. Afterwards, we tried to go down to the beach, but the tides were really high... Then, we tried the beach again, but this time, Goleta Beach and it turns out that the sand walls were being worked on! So.. we just walked the pier and then got in the car and drove. Yay for spontaneous decisions, haha. We literally just said left or right and turned and then we ended up at the thrift store at the Magnolia Shopping Center in Goleta. Although... we didn't get anything. So afterwards, since he hasn't had Blenders in a while, we grabbed that and sat down and talked even more. I had work at 2:00 PM, so we headed back home and split!

Finally, I'm home... homework is done and over with and I have time to relax and then I'll hit the hay after posting this blog entry... Good night my friends!

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Mama Said by Lukas Graham


No comments:

Post a Comment