Sunday, October 25, 2015

Drumroll, Please!


Last night the Encores Singing Competition took place and I hope some of you were able to make it! This year, we had an amazing assortment of performers and I am extremely proud to be able to say that I shared a stage with such talented people. Unfortunately, I did not place, but I want to make it clear that I partook in this event purely for the sake of making friends and meeting people. And that I did! I actually met a girl, Zina, who shares the same vocal instructor as I do! I have to admit, I didn't know her too well prior to the competition, but now we've exchanged numbers, social media info... so basically... BFFs? I also had the chance to really connect with a few other competitors, Angel, Jacob, Mayu, Sophia, Leana, Shelby, Mary, Nicole, Linn, and Alexa. It was definitely an eye-opening experience and I hope I try out next year!

Missing a few, but here are most of the contestants!

Also, working with the SBCC Ambassadors, Belle, Linan, and Ester, made me appreciate the experience even more! These three ladies were definitely stressed or confused and most importantly: had to deal with us! I know we all had so many questions and I'm just hands-down grateful for everything that you and the rest of the Ambassadors put together. I know it couldn't have been easy!

However, if you happened to miss out on the event, here's a quick recap:
  • All of the singers went through their songs as per usual... But so many of us were losing our minds because of how nervous we were before walking out on that stage. Then afterwards, some of us were shaking, freaking out or high-fiving our peers backstage just feeling absolutely RELIEVED to be done.
  • We sang Hey Jude by The Beatles as our group song and just basked in the moment together.
  • Immediately following our group number, we surprised the audience with a really terrible dance to Thriller by Michael Jackson. The World Dance for Humanity group came by and taught us the dance in basically 2 hours. So, you can imagine how a group of singers did on this! But, I have to admit, it was just so fun to let loose on stage and share a smile with the audience and each other.
  • Last, but not least, we had three really cool people as the Top 3! Olivia, Paisley, and Leana won! Congrats, girls (if you're reading)! All of the competitors received a movie ticket certificate in thanks for participating in the competition. 
And that was it for the show! We also had incredibly funny MC's, Felipe and Phillip, both SBCC Ambassadors, sharing the stage with us. Definitely could not have done this without any of the Ambassdors, the audience, and most of all, the contestants! I definitely wish I had more time to spend with them, instead of really getting to know them the day of... But, I made some new friends and had a very satisfying experience which is what counts! Do what you want to do and I promise you won't regret it! :)

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Kids (Oliver Nelson Remix) by Mikky Ekko

No comments:

Post a Comment