Tuesday, October 13, 2015

You Know What Fall Means...

My December Monthly Spread
Fall is here! Well, it's been here, but you know what I mean. I can't believe it'll be Halloween, Thanksgiving, then the December holidays dancing on through and we're already into winter break! I just made a trip out to Michael's Arts and Crafts Store at Fairview in Goleta and they had so many Halloween decorations set out on display as well as some Thanksgiving goodies too! If you don't know, I really do love arts and crafts, but I can't say that I'm any good at it.

Cowl & Scarves made by Chey
I've recently gotten into this new hobby of planner art and it's basically scrapbooking, but for your planner! My cousin has been doing it for a couple of months now, possibly a year (?), and she has some amazing pages which really inspired me to start on my own planner art. It basically consists of a lot of decorative tape, stickers, and artistic handwriting — all of which I don't absolutely have. My cousin gave me a little starter kit, but it didn't go with any of the themes that I had in mind, although, she included loads of adorable stickers and fun-colored page flags. So my mom needed to drive out to Ventura to go to Joanne's and Hobby Lobby was right next door! I decided to pop in there and turns out that there was 40% off of all the Christmas craft supplies so guess what I did? I splurged on Christmas stickers and decorative tape! So hopefully, my creativity will expand, I'll put together spreads that flow well and it will all fall into place!

If you didn't realize it already, I am completely OBSESSED with arts and crafts so any DIY project that I can lay my hands on, I will. I started crocheting less than a year ago and I absolutely adore making scarves! It started with circle looming and making beanies and then I wanted to learn how to make scarves because I am a true scarf person. If it wasn't so hot, I would wear my scarves year-round. So now, I've got a ton of unworn infinity scarves and cowls just sitting in a plastic container. My aunt and my mom really encourage me to sell them, but I honestly don't know if people would buy! And if they did, would I have enough time to completely restock again? I guess I could put a waiting list or something haha.

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Scars by James Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment