Saturday, October 10, 2015

I Made It!

Acceptance E-mail

Awesome news! So yesterday, I auditioned for the ENCORES Singing Competition put on by the SBCC International Student Ambassadors and they got back to me in less than 24 hours! I definitely was not expecting to be contacted so quickly, let alone make it past the audition round haha. A lot of people auditioned and I met a couple who were just so talented! I met two other auditionees, Rob and Liana, and they were absolutely so kind. Rob was from England and he plays guitar on State St. in his free time! He's planning on pursuing a career in music and he also told us that Nov. 1, he's going to be playing in the Angels Baseball Stadium which is absolutely crazy! Props to him, though because that is an amazing opportunity to have. :) Liana was from San Francisco and she's a UCSB alumni. Her hair was perfect, her outfit was perfect AND she had a great voice. I was thrilled to be able to meet other musicians haha. If you don't know already, I really enjoy putting up YouTube videos and would definitely love to collaborate with other local musicians because it gets old working by yourself.

Taken by Angelica Dass
Anyway, this weekend is going to consist of studying for my ETHS 101 class with Craig Cook! Definitely a class you must take if you plan on attending SBCC. It's about immigration studies in the U.S. and sometimes I'll see things on my Facebook Newsfeed and it will totally reflect what we talked about in class. This class makes you realize all of the little things that each minority group and the majority group experiences in the real world and changes your perspective on the lives of others. Anyway, definitely one of my favorite classes thus far and I've got a midterm on it next week, so I'll be busy with that! Have an amazing weekend and let me know if you want to see a cover posted on here someday. :)

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Icarus by Bastille

No comments:

Post a Comment