Wednesday, October 21, 2015

California Grown

A couple of cards I made; Remade two of them & another isn't pictured!
Yesterday, I was feeling a bit crafty and I also really missed some of my closest friends, so I made a couple of cards and they should be sent out by the end of today! Only about three of them either know or have an idea that I'm sending them a letter, so it should be a nice surprise to everyone.

I know it sounds a little odd, but I've always wanted to try out card making because I never really saw the point in buying someone a card that you don't really like or the saying is just plain weird. With homemade cards, you have the option to design the size, style, look and the caption in the card without having to worry if the card suits the person or not. Since I do own so many craft scissors, stickers, tape, a couple stamps and card stock paper, I decided to give it a whirl and put together six, really simple cards. I wanted to leave a little mark on each card so on the back, I either put Made With Love, Chey or California Grown - C.Y.

Stamped and ready to send!
Three of the cards are going across California! One to San Diego, another to Los Angeles and one last one to Davis. Two other cards are going to be flown to Illinois and Minnesota and the last one is going to be making its way to Vancouver, BC, Canada. I don't get why snail mail isn't a cool thing anymore. I think it's awesome to know that you can send stuff to someone hundreds or even thousands of miles away from you! E-mails, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are pretty cool too, sometimes, but I love the feeling that I get when I've received something in the mail.

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Livin' Easy by Cody Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment