Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Catching Up

Santa Barbara Storm (10/14/15)

There was so much to do last week and so much that HAPPENED as well! Since tomorrow's Hump Day and all, I thought it wouldn't be too late to let you guys know what happened last week.

SBCC @ Night
Monday started out pretty nice and sunny, as usual, but I decided to stay at the library a little later to finish up homework and study for an upcoming exam. I ended up staying until around 8:30pm and went to the gym, then headed home! Overall, I was pretty satisfied with my day and it was nice to know I could just come home, crawl into bed and sleep.

Tuesday, I also decided that it might be a good idea to stay in the library until it was late, but boy was I wrong. I stuck around until about 1:00pm and then crossed the bridge to get lunch! I enjoyed the California Melt from the infamous JSB Café. Absolutely delicious. I definitely recommend spoiling yourself with all of the great dishes that they have to offer there. However, after my little break, I headed back over to the library and tiredness hit me like a truck around 7:30pm. I ended up staying until 9:30pm, but I think I spent my time a little less efficiently that I did on Monday. Some perks of our library are that it's open until 11pm Monday through Thursday, the Buzz Shack—coffee, food, snacks— is open until 7 pm and there's free wifi! It's a wonderful place to be if you really need to focus on a project or just get some homework completed.

Wednesday, I was just too burned out to even think about staying in at the library again, so I decided to head straight home after class. Once I got home, I decided to take an hour nap, but that was rudely interrupted by a spontaneous thunderstorm. It took me a second to realize that what I had just heard was thunder. There was all kinds of talk about El Niño making its way here and we finally had an hour of just downpour which was amazing.

Thursday was another day of school, not much taking place.

Pumpkin Bars feat. Sam
But Friday was great. As most of you know, I'm in the Encores SBCC Singing Competition (tickets are available here) and we had our first meeting together! However, living on the edge of Goleta and having to travel to the edge of Santa Barbara, I was stuck in the 101 South traffic because I-5 was closed due to a mudslide! So yes, I was a bit late, but we actually have a surprise performance together (Melanie & Emily, if you're reading this, I saw you guys watching us. Just FYI, I was waving at you guys and didn't get a wave back. I'm a little offended!). So please come and invite your friends! Then later on that night, my friend Sam and I had a pumpkin party, where we baked pumpkin bars and just appreciated the existence of pumpkins. We both have a minor obsession with the fall so given that it's mid-October, we have no excuse to avoid the pumpkin party. Our friend, Brenna, came later in the night and we watched a TV show and talked a couple good reads that we've come across since the last time that we all got together.

Then, ending my week with Saturday, my friend Maya who is currently attending UCLA, came back home for a weekend visit and I spent about two hours with her! We caught up with a Frozen Yogurt date at Yogurtland at Calle Real and then browsed for stuff at Michaels and then I dropped her off at home. Definitely refreshing to see one of my best friends home again and just being able to hang out in general.

And.. that's how my eventful week went!

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Funny (Live) by Tori Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment