Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween Wackiness


Chey @ Zoo Boo
It's 11:55 PM on October 31st, 2015 as I'm beginning to write this post. I'm absolutely exhausted from a long, but really fulfilling day. I have a ton of family in Fresno, which is about four hours north of Goleta, and spent my Halloween weekend here! I have to admit that it's refreshing to be away from Goleta for a bit, especially with the notorious Isla Vista Halloween "celebrations" going on.

So instead of attending crazy parties, I enjoyed a day at Michaels, Target, the pumpkin patch, and zoo with my cousins, aunts, uncles, and my mom. One of my closest cousins, Alyssa, and I got up a little early to go to Michaels because they were having a major Halloween sale and you know how much I can't resist good deals ESPECIALLY when it comes to crafts! Alyssa's always been my right-hand lady and I feel bad that she has to browse around a store with me that she might not really enjoy, haha. But's it's alright, because I found some watercolor brush pens for more than they usually retail for and I got my hands on some more scrapbook paper! (Sorry, Mai... I couldn't help myself.) After that, we hit Target where I grabbed a new pair of black ankle boots, the eos Lemon Drop lip balm for Alyssa and some Christmas stickers I grabbed at the dollar spot. Those were my main purchases for today!

Pumpkins & Hay Bales Galore
Afterwards, we went back to my aunt's house and got ready, put on our costumes and headed over to the pumpkin patch. They had so many different activities for the kids such as hayrides, train rides, a forest trail that takes you up to a small wooden cabin, a swing, a rope swing, and snow cones. I don't remember the name of this particular pumpkin patch, but it was kind of out in the middle of nowhere and it was about thirty minutes away from my aunt's house. We spent about an hour there looking around and taking photos of my 1-year-old cousin, Ellie! This year, she was Little Red Riding Hood. My mom sewed her entire costume and she looked completely adorable! The hood had a sort of cone shape to it so whenever the hood was up, Ellie looked like a little gnome wearing a puffed out dress.

Ellie @ the Zoo
Eventually, we made our way to the Fresno Chaffee Zoo, where they were holding the Halloween night special, Zoo Boo. It's really similar to Santa Barbara Zoo's Boo at the Zoo. We arrived an hour and a half early because parking gets really difficult to find and the lines to just enter the park would be insane. Once we got in, we headed straight for the park restaurant where they served hamburgers,
fries, pizzas, salads, and sandwiches. They weren't your ordinary microwaved-tasting pizzas and burgers, but were actually well worth the price, in my opinion. I decided to get a Pepperoni Pizza and a side of fries. When we finally took Ellie trick-or-treating, there were lots of kids and parents dressed up and booths from radio stations to personal businesses who handed out candies. I personally had so much fun just seeing the smiles on my relatives' faces and just soaking up the moment.

Some of us really feel inclined to attend the really intense parties because that's what everyone seems to be up to, but I think that we should all consider taking the time to really immerse ourselves into something that we find a little bit of interest in. Time isn't stopping for anybody and we have to make decisions every single day that will benefit us emotionally, physically, and spiritually! I hope you all had a fulfilling and safe Halloween 2015 experience. :) Also, since I've mentioned time... The time will be "falling back" an hour as Daylight Savings is coming to a close. Remember to change your clocks tomorrow (or today), November 1st, 2015!

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Some Type of Love by Charlie Puth

No comments:

Post a Comment