Monday, May 8, 2017

Memory Monday

While studying for my finals today, I naturally started to wander off into the different applications on my computer. My favorite thing to look back on are old photos through the years and after looking at a couple photos or watching a few videos, I'm so glad that I turned my camera on in that moment in time. I first received this laptop as a gift from my parents in August of 2015 so it has a ton of memories throughout my college career. Many photos were saved on my laptop so that I could blog about it later...

 This photo was taken on my first day of college. My younger brother, Nathan, was also going on his first day of HS! Weird fact: our hair used to be quite a bit longer before school started up. It was probably the shortest I have ever had in a really long time. Now, my hair's the longest that it's ever been! In this photo, I was SUPER excited to start my first day. It meant not having to deal with (many) people from high school, wearing makeup differently, styling my hair in a new way—it was just a fresh start.

I remember waking up early just so I could add waves into my hair. I had spent all summer since I had my hair cut to master the effortless wavy lob look... I think it turned out well in this picture! It's also crazy to see how much Nate's grown. I mean, he's still taller than me in the photo, but personality-wise... he's matured a lot and has a better understanding of the world. As an older sister, it's comforting, but saddening because the reality is that I'm aging. (I'll be 20 in August!)

 So this photo was taken during the Encore talent show held by the Ambassadors in Fall of 2015. That's right... Nearly two years ago. I entered into this competition, not really looking to get anything out of it. It was purely because I had a really hard time making friends and I just needed to be comforted by doing what I really enjoyed: performing. I know that I lost a lot of self esteem during the transition from summer to the first fall semester at SBCC, but this "competition" is what led me to the Ambassadors. Getting to meet some of the wonderful people, knowing that what they do is purely to get people together and draw connections between them was such a beautiful thing I wanted to be a part of.

This very last photo was taken on Vaquero Welcome during summer of 2015. My friend, Cami, and I planned on going together as we were both from the same high school and it just felt more comfortable that way. Cami and I explored tables, clubs, programs, etc... That's when I met Melanie and Karen. They had their own table, looking for bloggers for the school. Little did I know that this program would leave one of the most significant impacts on my life. I've been so lucky to meet my fellow bloggers, find a place with the Marketing Department of SBCC, and attend really amazing events. During lunch, Cami and I met our friend Alizah and the three of us just stuck and went to the rest of the workshops together. While we were crossing campus, this girl named Renata approached us and asked for directions to the next classroom. She didn't know where to go and then... she also stuck with us. The four of us would find that we would be spending the rest of the day together—adventuring to Stearn's Wharf, going to Renata's hostel, and exploring SBCC. I really cannot forget this day. It was absolutely amazing and it was my first glimpse into how wonderful my future was going to be.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Perfect by Ed Sheeran

No comments:

Post a Comment