Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I'll Be Back

Walking at the Bluffs :)

Well it's that time of year that I must part from you until this next fall semester.

I know I say this in every other blog post, but I my appreciation for learning has stretched far beyond than I expected in less than a year. The 2015 - 2016 school year and inspired me to become a better student and individual, teaching me that there is purpose to everything we do. We come to school with a purpose to learn, expand our knowledge and meet more individuals.

Ending this year with a smile. Also, my hair has grown immensely!
I mean... compare it to my photo on the right!
Like I mentioned in my Dear Incoming Students post, I was extremely insecure in high school but aren't we all? There were so many things that I didn't like about myself and all of them were so petty. It was as small as not wanting to wear sneakers so I don't look like I'm a tomboy and making sure that when I go out shopping, I would wear the same things as my fellow peers. There was no individuality or quality to my life and it is something that I deeply regret. Following that, I looked forward to every single break, whether it be a three day weekend or a two week long vacation just because I hated being at school. Being surrounded by people who I thought were judging me constantly made me feel let down and I tried to hard, giving 110% percent when conversing with my friends or the popular kids at my school. I only had one teacher who inspired me and showed me that I could be more than I imagined. Mr. Dent, I don't think you'll be reading this, but if by chance you do, I thank you for being so motivating and having so much faith in me! Other teachers disappointed me, in a sense. Even after taking her class, which I enjoyed being in and trying hard in, this particular teacher didn't seem to really want to talk to me regarding my schoolwork or correcting my grades. There was always this sort of tension in her class and that led to me becoming less motivated and less interested in the subject.

Don't hold yourself back.
However, despite all of this heaviness and darkness, Santa Barbara City College has failed in making me feel anything like this. I am forever grateful for the professors that I have come across this year and the staff and students, as well. My first semester was probably the most extreme in the sense that I didn't know what to expect... I'm laughing at the thought of myself now because I remember waking up for the first day of school, putting on makeup and doing my hair thinking, "It's the first day of college. It's time to wake up and look like an adult, Cheyanne." Now after attending for a year, I can TRULY SAY... Nobody cares!  It's a time where we are all too busy worrying about ourselves and our futures. If anything, just try to encourage and make others laugh. Just a quick thanks to all of my professors, Doug Folsom, Craig Cook, Joe White, Peter Georgakis, Andrea Carnaghe, Bonnie Chavez and Maia Mook for inspiring me and keeping my year felicitous. I can honestly say, I've had the best professors on this campus. No bragging, just a couple of facts, haha.

This post is way too emotional, but I'm an emotional person, so what can I say? I love my blogging job and I love writing! I can't wait to be back. I love you all so much and thank you for keeping up with me this year! I had a blast and am looking forward to see what 2016 - 2017 will bring.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Felicity by Sungha Jung

1 comment: