Sunday, May 8, 2016

Kuv Niam

The title translates to: My Mom. 

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Today was a really special day, Mother's Day! I always looked forward to days like these such as Father's Day and such because then I could work on arts and crafts or other fun projects!

Geez, well I guess this post will be all about my mom, right? This past weekend, we actually made a trip out to Fresno for my cousin, Ellie's, second birthday. Yes! The little baby that I always seem to post about is already two. My friend, Conor, is turning 20 soon and he'll be the first out of my friends to hit the second decade! How crazy is that? Yikes, better take advantage of the time I have now before responsibilities start to sink in...

Mama Yang
Anyway, I had prepared a gift for my mom in advance for Mother's Day. At my workplace, we sell these little books about the size of a palm and there are 50 pages. On these 50 pages, there are fill in the blank sentences and the books vary in theme. So there are books like "What I Love About Mom" or "What I Love About You" or "What I Love About Dad" and you get to choose whatever works for your situation so these are perfect gifts for Mother's Day, I thought! I decided to buy it and divided the 50 fill-in sentences in between myself and my two brothers. My younger brother, Nathan, filled in 17 and so did I and then my older brother filled in 16. We had filled out this book during the car ride to Fresno and just used different colored pens to differentiate who was who.

Finally, today rolls around and I am all ready... Or so I think. There was something missing from the gift and I had totally forgot. I had taken my Fujifilm instax camera, but it was in my purse, which I couldn't find... What happened was my aunt had cleaned up her place and put it in their office, which I never go in! So... It got left there and I didn't find my camera until later. But, when I did find it, I had my brothers pose so that I could get some photos taken of them as part of the present for my mom. I posed with myself pointing to my eye, Nathan posed with a heart (a really BAD heart, by the way), and Matt posed by pointing his finger directly into the camera lens... SO we ended up with "I Love You!" We presented my mom with the gift and she was so pleased. While reading the sentences and turning the pages, she was so happy, she couldn't keep a smile off of her face and she was very touched. Towards the end of the book, our photos finally popped out and she just smiled even more and we hugged her.

I always freak out about what I should get my mom every time Mother's Day rolls around, but I think simplicity is always the best answer. As long as it's a genuine gift and thought has been put into it, your mom will always be pleased. She loves you with or without a gift! Happy Mama's Day, Mama Yang! Love you so much!

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Like My Mother Does by Lauren Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment