Thursday, May 5, 2016

Parting Ways

Blogging Team 2015-2016 (Minus DougHannah and Leayam)
I am ever so grateful that I had the chance to work with such creative, talented students this past year. Honestly, I think being a blogger has kept me sane throughout my freshman year of college. After being so deprived of joining clubs since high school, the blogging program has given me confidence and has made SBCC a more comfortable and enjoyable place to be.

To my fellow bloggers, Fede, Angela, Alyssa, Ashley, Andrew, Doug, Hannah and Leayam — You are all extremely wonderful individuals and it's truly been a blessing to work alongside such a supportive team! Being around such a friendly group of people has provided me with the opportunities to laugh about weird, relatable things. I wish nothing but the best for you all and hope you have an exciting and fulfilling summer vacation before school kicks in once again! Thank you for inspiring and guiding me throughout this year.

To Emily and Melanie — I don't think I have met such a quirky, lovely and sweet pair of people before. Thanks to the both of you, I was able to express genuine smiles throughout our awkward silences in the meetings and to the strange and spontaneous lines that we happen to spill out. Also, receiving those uplifting e-mails in my inbox really brightened up my days. Thank you both so much for being so patient and caring towards us bloggers.

To Karen — It was such a pleasure meeting you this year. You have taught me what is it to be a successful student and inspired me with your kindness and generosity. I was so sad to hear the news that you would be retiring, but I also consider myself lucky for having the chance to have met such a wonderful person. Thank you for coming into my life and teaching me that kindness and laughter brings joy into everyone's lives.

As we wrapped up the year with the last blogger meeting today, I walked away knowing that I was able to be in the presence of such strong people and sitting alongside all of them today has also rebuilt my strength. We sat in a circle, enjoying slices of pizza, some with a side of ranch and others without. We shared our stories, our memories and our laughter. Within the span of one hour, green envelopes were handed out to every one of us by Melanie. In the spur of the moment, I asked, "Do you guys mind if we take a selfie for my blog?" Classic me. And so we did! It is a picture that I will treasure forever because it represents the beginning of my college career. Following that, we dispersed. I stayed behind a bit to hug Melanie and Emily and wish the both of them a great summer... Then, Fede, Angela and I walked out the door, said bye, waved and walked in opposite directions. I walked with Angela towards the door and also said good-bye to her once we walked through the door. And that was it!

Again, thank you all so much for such a wonderful experience. :)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to New Year's Day by Pentatonix

No comments:

Post a Comment