Monday, May 2, 2016

First Concert

Pentatonix @ the Bowl
I finally had the chance to attend my very first concert, you guys! I mean, I have been to other concerts before, but I went to see Alicia Keys in the 7th grade and quite honestly, I didn't know any of her songs... So I don't count it haha. I also went to VidCon last July and had the chance to see Kina Grannis, Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider perform, but then again, I didn't pay for my tickets and it was a spontaneous event... SO anyway, this is the first concert I've paid for with my own money to go and see.
This past Saturday, I went to the Santa Barbara Bowl down on Milpas and had the chance to see Us the Duo and Pentatonix perform live. It was one of the most beautiful and uplifting performances I have ever witnessed in the entirety of my life. My friend Ekin and I started the day off by just heading downtown for some pizza at Persona and then went to the Bowl. We waited in line for about an hour or so, but lucky for us, the weather was pretty forgiving so we didn't have too horrible of a time.

The only problem is that once we got in, Ekin and I were unable to sit next to each other because we bought our tickets separately thinking that the General Admissions seating area was going to be a stand up area... So a first come, first serve kind of thing. I was assigned a seat in the third row and Ekin was somewhere in the way back, I think Row 13 or somewhere around there. When the first guest performer, AJ, appeared our seating row was totally empty and I told Ekin to sit beside me for the time being. Then as Us the Duo performed, the row was still empty and we both had the chance to sit together for about half of the concert.

Scott & Mitch
Skipping all of the jibber-jabber, Us the Duo is seriously one of my favorite couple artist duos to exist. Their names are Carissa and Michael Alvarado and they got married four years ago... And they're extremely talented. What else can I say? I was supposed to go to one of their intimate concerts last year in August before they got pretty big, but I just didn't have time and was preparing for college so being able to see them in my hometown, opening for an extremely talented a cappella group was a dream! Then, the moment we were all waiting for: Pentatonix makes their entrance and just kill it. I remember watching their YouTube videos and reading their interviews as they were starting to hit the big numbers through their fanbase. There was not one performance that I was disappointed with and the energy was booming throughout the entire venue. People of all ages were there and you could just tell with the sincerity in their eyes that they were performing with their all. I was blown away and have absolutely no regrets to seeing them for my first concert! A little while after they sang their encore song, Ekin and I walked up to the barricade and the crew started cleaning up. So.. we waited and waited (and begged and begged) to see if we could get our hands on a set list and one of the crew members gave in and ripped one off the stage and tossed it our way. Ekin got it and lucky for us, they didn't give any other ones out afterwards! Ekin was super nice about it and ended up giving the set list to me as a reminder of my first concert haha. (Thanks Eeks, you're seriously the best! :))

Set List (4/30/16)
Overall, I'm still so emotionally unstable after Saturday evening, but it was well worth the money and time I spent. I cannot wait to go to more concerts and travel and summer and do things. Agh! The options.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Misbehavin' by Pentatonix

No comments:

Post a Comment