Monday, February 6, 2017

Under the Weather

With all of this rain and weather shift, my body has been a little slow on trying to adapt to the change. I've been really under the weather lately! For the past week, I've been dealing with body aches, a sore throat, dizziness, and fatigue... Clearly I can't function like I would normally, but I'm just a girl trying to get through her day, haha. I don't think anyone likes to leave their bed or their room when they're sick, but I just felt like I couldn't miss school and work last week! So I tried to make my days pass by faster and feel a little easier. I want to share a couple of sick student hacks with you:

The result of my "do nothing" phase.
  1. Get LOTS of rest. So cliché to hear this, right? But it's so true. I cannot emphasize this enough! Your body is working major overtime when you're sick so reward yourself with a good 7 to 10 hours of sleep.
  2. Drink a warm, decaffeinated drink to start your morning off. Whether it be warm milk, tea, or even water and some lemon juice, I really recommend a light, warm beverage to make yourself feel a bit better. I'm not absolutely sure if it's a scientifically proven fact that warm drinks do anything beneficial when you're sick, but from my personal experience, I seem to be more bright and refreshed!
  3. Finish all of your tasks (i.e. homework, chores, errands) at least an hour before you plan on going to bed. Your mind will be more relaxed and you'll have a good 30-45 minutes trying to go to bed then you'll be asleep on time!
  4. RELAX. I know I just pushed the "finish your tasks" point, but dedicate one or two hours to doing absolutely nothing. Not only will you appreciate the physical break, but the mental break as well! My favorite things to do are to hop onto Netflix and watch movies, shows, edit photos, crochet, update my planner, and nap.
  5. Last, but not least: don't take more than you can handle. I'm so guilty of not practicing what I preach because I know while I should be resting, taking medicine and recovering, I push myself to go to class or work and just get through my day. Everybody gets sick so just make sure you e-mail your instructor and/or boss if you're going to be missing out on class or your shift.
So after all of this, it's safe to say I'm getting a lot better and I'm feeling way more normal than I have been! It's so weird because I tend to never get sick and when I do, it's such a foreign feeling that I forget the steps on how to care for myself, haha. Stay dry and healthy!

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to SEATTLE by Sam Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment