Thursday, February 9, 2017

Beat the Insecurity!

The end product!
As if I haven't mentioned it enough, I am a student ambassador for SBCC and we're having an event next week for Valentine's Day! In the program, I am a part of the Film and Marketing committee, where I responsible for creating videos, interacting with social media audiences, and getting the word out for our event. This being my second semester in this committee, I thought I would be doing the same thing as the previous semester: writing e-mails and creating Facebook events. Unfortunately, many of last semester's Ambassadors left the program and I become one of the individuals to step up and fill in the job to create posters!

I have a lot of experience with Adobe Photoshop, but only for editing photos... not graphic designing! When it comes to graphic design, I've never really had a knack for it. A lot of my work looks messy, nothing matches... I don't know what I do wrong! Anyway, I had to make an 8.5" x 11 poster first and figure what I wanted to put on it and space everything out. I knew Valentine's Day couldn't go without hearts and flowers so that was the basis of my poster! The hard part was picking the right font, bold or not bold, italicize or not... So much more stressful that I initially thought.
Catch my work on pipeline.sbcc.edu....

After spending about two hours finding images that I would be able to incorporate into my poster, putting all of the elements together and sending the rough drafts out to everybody, I did it! It turned out a lot better than I assumed it would and afterwards, we sent it in to get printed. Later, we decided to make a Pipeline ad (you'll see it on there!!!). Clearly, I'm a pro now so it didn't take long to make. Sent it in... received an e-mail back because there was a typo in "Valentine's" and THEN sent it back. However, got another e-mail back saying that there was and extra s in "Ambassadors"! Super tricky. I can't believe I missed those haha. It was so much fun making the posters and advertisements. I actually do feel like I can do anything now.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Happy People by Little Big Town

No comments:

Post a Comment