Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Wearing Old Shoes


Normally, a person wouldn't want to put on a pair of old shoes and walk around in them, but I'm not normal.

Recently, my friend Mimmi contacted me and asked if I was going to be available on the 26th of October and I was! She told me that she had a friend who is a part of 2020: A Year Without War who needs more performers for the event that they would be hosting that evening. I was so surprised that Mimmi had even thought of me because I wouldn't have even thought of me!

It's been so long since I've been on a proper stage that the feeling of performing has become so foreign. When I was in high school, I'd be on stage all the time. Whether it be for a talent show, wedding, or a gathering, I would always be singing in front of people. Now, I'd be lucky if I can get into a competition. It sounds a lot more disappointing that it actually is, I promise. Time has just passed by so quickly that I don't have enough hours in my day to find places to perform and by the time I know it, I'm so wiped out! This semester is slowly, but surely wearing me down more than I expected it to and that's definitely impacted my dedication for singing. I'm actually quite nervous, haha. The largest venue I have ever performed at was the Granada theatre, and it will be my first time performing at SOhO next week.


I didn't realize how much I miss the feeling of performing and the excitement that it brings. Aside from being around such wonderful people, I love the nervousness sitting in my stomach and the first breath that I take once I'm in front of a crowd. Anyway, if you haven't heard of 2020: A Year Without War, they are an SBCC founded organization that strives for change to create a more hopeful and warless world by the year 2020. Elisa is one of the leaders putting on this event as well! The organization is putting on an event called, Make Art, Not War, on Wednesday, October 26th at 6:30pm at SOhO. Get tickets to this event ($10) and see other artists and performers take over the stage! Cameron will also be there, making art with his guitar. :)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Skylines by Glades

No comments:

Post a Comment