Sunday, October 30, 2016

Simplicity at its Finest

It's still not clicking for me that it's already Week 11. This semester is just passing by too quickly and the fun has only started—and no, I'm not talking about midterms, homework and projects!

En route to Fresno
Fall brings with it the holidays and that means celebration! This past weekend, I went to Fresno to visit my family. We arrived to my aunt and uncle's house on Friday night at 7:30 and had dinner, chatted and went to bed. But, on Saturday, we attended ClovisFest in the morning, hoping to see Hot Air Balloons take off. But... we were late, by an hour. We got to the festival at 8:00 in the morning, only to find out that the balloons lifted off at 7:00 in the morning! It was a total bummer, but the entire festival was really enjoyable. There was an entire block of vendors, booths, and food trucks for visitors to check out. Our family wasn't too hungry, so we walked the block and looked at all of the different products people were selling. I was so hyped because downtown Clovis was SO fall. Leaves on trees were red and orange, fallen leaves laid on the rain-soaked concrete and people were dressed up in boots and coats!

Leaves+Boots+Bricks = Prime Fall Photo Op
After ClovisFest, we headed back over the my aunt & uncle's house to clean up a bit and then drove to my grandparent's house. It was the first time going back there since my cousin, Tyler, left to Marine bootcamp. Not only was the house more empty than it's ever felt, but the whole atmosphere seemed to have shifted. Nonetheless, my aunt and cousins from Visalia and London came over and made it a full house! Later that evening, we got the kids ready to attend Zoo Boo at the Fresno Zoo. They dressed up as a duck, a ghost and a bunny. Like last year, I attended with my baby cousins and took them around to different booths handing out candy and fun stuff throughout the zoo. We did lots of walking, had burgers for dinner and walked around some more. Finally, we ended the night at my aunt & uncle's place with a reflection discussion with our family members and enjoyed candy!

Sunday, today, I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and it took me a minute to realize what was happening. I was so excited, but obviously waking up at 7AM after staying up all night didn't allow me to express that... For breakfast, we enjoyed biscuits and gravy (made by yours truly with help of my mom and cousin) and then just cleaned up and packed up our car. I had the grand opportunity of driving the full four hours back home, but I was lucky enough to be able to drive in such wonderful weather. The rain wasn't terribly strong, but the sky was so beautiful and the clouds were gorgeous and I don't think I've ever appreciated nature as much as I have on the drive to and from Fresno this past weekend.

Now, I'm home safe and sound! Ready to take on my week. :)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Rewind by Wingtip (feat. Sophie Strauss)

No comments:

Post a Comment