Wednesday, October 5, 2016

TAG! You're It!

I think one of the things that we dread the most while we're high school students (aside from SATs and AP Tests) are applying for college during our senior year. I know for myself, I had such a difficult time prioritizing my college applications and it was mostly difficult because I had absolutely no idea where I wanted to go. I mainly applied to the schools my friends applied to, random privates in California and a couple of state schools. I basically wasted a lot of money because I thought I knew what I was doing.

SBCC has been a wonderful buffer for me to figure out what I want to do in my life. So many times I have change my mind on what I want my future to look like, but with the help of my counselor, friends and my experiences in various classes, I'd like to say I kind of have it figured out. Anyway, as I'm a second-year SBCC student looking to transfer, before I knew it, it was already time to apply for TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee)! Applications were open from Sept. 1 to Sept. 30 and luckily, no essay is required, just a couple of questions and fill-in boxes. I decided to TAG to UCSB, but I would really REALLY love to get out of Santa Barbara. As much as I love it here, I just need some change.

Find out more about the Transfer Academy HERE
So... in addition to tagging to UCSB, I'm planning on applying to a couple of other state schools in California. One of the greatest things about SBCC are the counselors, professors and staff who are so passionate about seeing you succeed. I am shooting for a Associate Degree for Transfer, which I didn't really know about until I talked to my counselor, Christy Grant. She has definitely been a helping hand throughout my whole educational experience and as hard as my classes are, she's helped me figure out a solid transfer plan.

SO... My biggest transfer tips are:

  1. Keep in touch with your counselor.
  2. Build relationships and connections with as many people as you can!
  3. PAY ATTENTION TO DEADLINES.
Good luck to all who are looking to transfer Fall of 2017! You're not alone in this struggle. :)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Love More Worry Less by Bipolar Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment