Saturday, December 10, 2016

What Did I Do?

How did I spend the first day of my winter break, you might wonder? I had an incredible amount of fun from the moment I woke up until right now, 12:16 AM. Starting off my morning, I got up at 7:30, stayed in bed for a good thirty minutes and to simply put it, I just felt good. After I got out of bed, I started cleaning up my room, slowly, but surely. I don't know what it is about having a clean work and living space, but I feel like my focus increases immensely after I clean. Like I have told so many people before, my room is an accurate representation of my life's current situation, haha.

After cleaning my room, I took some time out of my day to get up and out of the house. I got dressed and headed straight to the gym, which I loved and didn't really expect to. I haven't been in what seems like ages, but after going, I realized how stiff my entire body had become as a result of the everyday stress I experience. I was a bit too focused on how I would do on my exams and studied like a maniac for them without taking my mental and physical health into consideration...

Post-gym I came back home to relax for a little bit and then went out to dinner with my good friend, Kim! Kim is flying back home for the break this Sunday, so to spend a little extra time with her, we decided on Choi's Oriental Market for some delicious, authentic Korean food. We enjoyed ddeokbokki, spicy rice cakes, along with some fresh cucumber kimchi and napa cabbage kimchi as well. Something really unexpected happened while we were there! We both spoke with the owner and he asked about my ethnic background and country in which I replied, "Hmong and we don't have a country, but many of us live in Laos." He mentioned to me that they have a new employee there who was also from Laos, but he wasn't sure... so he asked his wife. She said the new employee was from Myanmar. But I looked at the name, and it was SURELY a Hmong name! It turns out, the new employee is one of my relatives! It was seriously such a small world, but wow, I was absolutely stunned, haha. The owner treated us to extra fresh cucumber kimchi and some sweet bean ice cream popsicles.

Overall, it's been such a successful day and I can't wait to experience what else this break has in store for me.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to She's American by The 1975

No comments:

Post a Comment