Sunday, December 4, 2016

Family Photos

Fall 2016 -- SBCC Ambassadors
This weekend has been incredibly busy... and I love it.

On Friday, the SBCC Ambassadors and the International Office gathered for a luncheon at Casa Blanca down on State Street. Friday morning, I got up, studied for about two hours, drove downtown and met with everybody at the restaurant! It was my first time eating there and I absolutely loved the food. All of the us were probably seriously hungry because as soon as we were seated, we dug into the chips and salsa! I know I wasn't the only one who and skipped breakfast because we were going to have an early lunch, haha.

All of us were talking about what schools we had applied to, our plans for winter break, and our stress levels for finals. There was so much positive energy in one room at the same time that honestly, I even forgot that we had a bunch of exams next week. Talking about positive energy, I was awarded the SPARK! Award which my fellow Ambassadors voted me for. I was so surprised when my name was called (I didn't even hear my name because of applause from my friend Cris who also got the same award!). I always pictured myself as kind of quiet in the program, but it was such a self-esteem booster to know that so many of my peers see me as this ray of sunshine and kind of kick start their day. Afterwards, our waitress came around and took our orders and I wanted some yummy chicken enchiladas! It was extremely delicious. Afterwards, my friends, Isabella, Claire, Kim and Brianne walked up State and decided to grab some McConnell's and dashed to SBCC to attend the Ambassador meeting!

This Ambassador meeting was the last of this semester, last meeting for some of the Fall 2016 Ambassadors, and the first for the Spring 2017 Ambassadors. It was so cool to meet the new students who were interested in the program! They all seemed truly happy to be there and it just puts a smile on my face when I meet individuals who all are excited about what's to come. I can promise that this will be a program you will never forget!

I swear I heard to be silly...
After the meeting, the majority of Fall 2016 Ambassadors met at the Winslow-Maxwell Overlook, where I set up my camera on a tripod and we took our long-awaited Ambassador group picture! After about a whole year of not updating our Facebook page, we finally have a new profile picture. I woke up this morning, around 9:30 AM (went to bed at 2 A.M. because I was excited to edit photos), edited for about 2 and a half hours, sent out pictures... and then I did some more studying for the rest of today.

Good luck, do great things, be great!


See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by *NSYNC

No comments:

Post a Comment