Sunday, December 18, 2016

I Love Winter Break.

Atop the Water Tower
The title is the most simple way to express my feelings about this winter break. We've already been on break for a whole week and I've already done so much, which is so so exciting. So many people identify break as being a time where you get to stay home, do nothing, sit, breathe, blink, not shower for a day or two (maybe more, whatever works for you...) and no school! I personally think that break should be a time where you spend your hours doing things you couldn't do while school is in the way.

I've already seen so many people that I been wanting to see and I know I'll be seeing more! My friend Sam just got home like an hour and a half ago, I'm so excited to see her face! I haven't seen her since August and I really miss her, haha. Brenna, Sam and I are planning to have a Christmas hangout party and homecoming party because Sam's flight was cancelled and delayed for 24 hours and we were supposed to be attending a concert in SLO tonight, but it just felt so incomplete to go without Sam...

Just me trying SO HARD to be a photographer.
As for what I have already done, I've hung out with Maya twice and we both went on our fun photography adventures to Franceschi Park, which overlooked Santa Barbara. We have so many hidden gems in the 805 area and this is exactly what I think my break should be spent doing: exploring, enjoying and living. It's not that recently I have been into photography—I've always loved it—I just don't have time for it and have recently become more active in the art. Especially with Maya, it helps having someone who enjoys doing the same activities as you. We obviously have to tell each other to pose or wait for people to pass by and do awkward things together, but it's so much less awkward when you're just having fun. The following day, we drove out to Lizard's Mouth, which is off of Highway 154. We stopped at the water tower and took a bunch of artsy photos there, posed, danced, goofed, haha. After that, we decided not to do the Lizard's Mouth hike because we would be missing out on the sunset, so we stayed at the water tower for a bit then drove down 154. Literally two minutes after we pulled onto 154, we pulled off onto an overlook where the clouds were rising and rolling up the mountains ALL while the sunset was happening! I was so taken aback by the beauty... We were above the clouds!

Rising Clouds!
HOWEVER... All good things must come to an end and just like that, our weekend was over! I spent the next couple of days just working, running errands, cleaning like CRAZY... But seriously, a lot of these things, I don't really get to spend a lot of time on while I'm in school. I don't think I've ever been so grateful to be on break... I'm already dreading the end of it!

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to 널 사랑하지 않아(I Don't Love You) by Urban Zakapa

No comments:

Post a Comment