Thursday, December 8, 2016

Fall 2016

Amateur Photography by Chey
So, 6:40 PM on Thursday, December 8th marks the official end of my last fall semester here at SBCC. As I was walking out of my economics class, I felt a sudden rush of joy throughout my body and needless to say, that joy came TOO soon. Finally arriving at my car in the parking structure on West Campus, I try to start it, only to find out my battery isn't working... So, I did what any girl (who doesn't have much car knowledge) would do and called my dad to come check out the scene. I was a bit curious (and paranoid because what if someone tried to steal my battery?!) so I popped up the hood and I knew enough that I wasn't supposed to touch the battery with my bare hands, but I knew something was loose. Finally my dad pulled up and we opened the hood of my car again and turns out, I was right! One of the washers came loose on the terminal and I totally felt proud of myself for knowing that, haha. I was back to being super excited when I got home! I had dinner and was SO happy that I cleaned. I know a lot of people my age hate cleaning, but I find so much joy in living and working in a clean space, haha.

Anyway, to kind of close up , here are ten things that I loved and enjoyed this semester:

  1. Being an Ambassador. I know I've discussed this a bunch of times, but when I'm passionate about something, I get really attached and I have to say, being a part of this program has allowed me to improve as an individual, meet so many great people who have become my friends and be more in touch with SBCC.
  2. The library. I don't know what to say about this. It's kind of my second home, really.
  3. The Bus-Comm building! I worked a ton in there this past semester and got to know the employees and faculty. They're all SO sweet and it's seriously just like a big family. From never-ending sweets and snacks to the latest SBCC news, I always enjoyed working in there.
  4. Photography. I'm always in search of a way to be creative and photography has given me the chance to explore new events, places, and meet a lot of individuals (who all has amazing stories, by the way). I've definitely found a deeper love for photography this past semester.
  5. Sleep. My sleep schedule has been kind of grandma-ish lately, like going to bed early and waking up early, but man, I really love it. I feel more energized and awake when I'm supposed to feel that way.
  6. Skype and FaceTime. With another two of my friends, Brenna and Sam, gone since the
    beginning of this semester, these two apps have let me hear their beautiful voices and see their beautiful faces. It's definitely really hard to keep in touch and find a schedule, but we always somehow manage to make it work and we've talked an incredible amount this semester.
  7. Seeing family. Family is always a huge priority in my life, but for some reason, this past semester, I felt like I just missed everyone so much. If I could, I'd drive straight out to Fresno to my family and buy a ticket to Colorado to visit my new neph-puppy, Zeus!
  8. Performing at SoHo. It's hard to call yourself a musician when you hardly perform. I thought I had lost sight of who I was, but this opportunity with AYWW 2020 has definitely sparked that energy that I needed to continue doing what I love.
  9. Coffee. I don't think I'm an avid coffee drinker, but wow, that stuff's good if it's not straight black coffee, haha. I need some cream and sugar in that cup before I can have it! My tastebuds are slowly shifting towards coffee, but I think I'll stick to my tea for a little while longer.
  10. MTD. I know a ton of us are commuters, but just to let you know, you already have to pay for a bus pass when you register for the semester! So why not take advantage of it and take the bus! You can avoid finding parking, worrying about traffic and all you have to do is wait 10-15 minutes for your bus to arrive. Especially my fellow commuters from the IV/Camino Real Goleta area, the 15x is straight, to and from school. :)
More amateur shots!
Wishing you all of the best and the greatest this holiday break and season! Enjoy your five weeks of vacation...

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Like You by Tatiana Manaois

No comments:

Post a Comment