Tuesday, December 8, 2015

T-Minus 13 Hours

Typical "Studying" Photo
Correct, I only have a mere thirteen hours left until I take my last final exam of the semester. Today, I took my Math 130 exam which wasn't as terrible as I expected it to be. I did experience a sort of bittersweet moment as I shook my professor's hand and said good-bye to my classmates. Knowing that I won't be in the same class with the same great people again made my heart ache a little bit! I know that math has a stigma of being the most horrible and least interesting subject, but I think it all really depends on who your teachers and professors are. Lucky for me, I've never actually had a terrible math teacher from junior high through now! I'm really glad to have ended with an awesome professor. Afterwards, I ended up in the crowded library again, studying a bit.

Here's a little life update:

New Hire Packet!
So, we all know that I've grown a ton as this semester breezed on by and I've been trying to take small steps to adjust to adulthood. I had an annoying habit of always saying how much I needed a job and how I needed to make money, but I never actually went out of my way to apply to multiple places. I applied to one or two places through online apps, but this only took place about one night throughout an entire month. In November, I actually applied to Pier 1 Imports and got a call back for an interview! I went it, talked about my schedule and the store's schedule. Unfortunately, they both conflicted so I went in again last Tuesday and talked to the Assistant Store Manager and thankfully, the interview went really well and the schedule conflict wasn't a significant issue. Well, yesterday, I got a call back saying that I got the job! And then... today, I went in to get things going and tomorrow, I have a 6 hour long training! If you guys didn't know, this is my first official, person-to-person job and I'm extremely excited to start. As of right now, I'm only working a seasonal position, but let's cross our fingers and hope that I get a permanent position after the holidays!

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Say Love by JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment