Monday, March 6, 2017

How Old Am I Really?

My sweet Grannie! I made her pose. :)
Lately, I have been incredibly occupied with a lot of... life stuff. For these past two weeks, I realize that I have drastically changed and it could be for the better or worse, but I think I am extremely different that the person I was seven months ago. This past weekend, my aunt, uncle and cousins came to visit our family and I found myself giving my eleven-year-old cousins a spiel about how lucky they are to be young and so full of energy. Surprised with myself, I just stopped talking because I didn't want to be that old cousin...

Aside from seeing lots of family and spending a ton of time with my family, I attended the SBCC Ambassadors' International Food Fair event that took place at Antioch University on Friday. On Thursday night, I slept over at my friend Rachel's house and we cooked Bulgogi (불고기) and Matang (마탕). Bulgogi are thin slices of beef that are marinated in sweet onions, Korean BBQ sauce, ginger, garlic and whatever else you want to add. Matang is candied sweet potato! Both of these dishes are Korean and it was my first time cooking both, with Rachel's help, of course. The day of the event was extremely successful. I took tons of photos, met a lot of people, and obviously had to eat a lot as well. Everyone who provided food for the event did a really amazing job and definitely left me with a lot of lingering cravings.
The Bulgogi that Rachel & I made!

Also a minor side note that I would like to add... I got accepted to San Diego State University! I really thought that I wouldn't be getting into SDSU because it's highly impacted, especially in my major, but I did! Now the hard part is choosing where I want to go. I have so much more research and things to check off my mental list before I can accept admission!

Back to my first point about change: For the most part, change is really good. I used to think that consistency was key and if I changed, nobody would like the "new me", whatever that is. We're changing and evolving every single minute of every single day and because of that we're learning ALL the time. I can now pick myself up after a hard fall and be grateful for every day that I get to live and spend with my family and friends.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Come Over by Dean feat. Baek Yerin

No comments:

Post a Comment