Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year, New Me?

@ the Griffith Observatory ft. Cousin w/ a trendy SF cap
Happy 2017, everybody!

LA
I could not express how happy and refreshed I am now that 2016 has come to a close. RIP 2016, you were okay. I set up a lot of goals throughout the year last year that I was able to fulfill and instead of having a new year's resolution, those small goals eventually helped make a better me.

So, new year, new me? I hope so. I could use some improvement and motivation to carry me on through this new year. Some things I wish to improve on are my social media skills! I have totally been lacking the necessity to check my social media outlets and uploading videos and songs on YouTube, but there's been a recent kick of self encouragement that's helped me engage in more activity online. Of course, I should refrain from being so attached and dependent on my phone, but I also think I should take advantage of social media and reach out to everyone I have been wanted to talk to and hang out with. Definitely something I want to improve on is just communication. Really and only; I tend to miss amazing opportunities just because I don't feel like replying to people trying to get a hold of me.

Taking advantage of SB winters & enjoying the Bluff cliffs.
Another thing that I've really already started on is improving my photography. I've always said that I have enjoyed it through and through, but have no work to show for it. SO, I have started a photography Instagram account to engage with other photographers and I'm trying to round up my friends to go out and shoot/model with me and it's actually been working out. It's always super awkward introducing them to something I am so passionate about, but they're always so satisfied with the end result that it doesn't even matter what they think in the moment, haha.

This break, I have been up and down California! From Santa Barbara to San Diego to Fresno to San Francisco to Los Angeles to Santa Ana and FINALLY back to Santa Barbara, I can say I am pretty worn out. Although, I don't mind the traveling too much. I had the chance to see and meet a ton of my family members and caught up with so many of my friends that I missed and it's just been a overall JOY these past three weeks. I would also like to point out that school's back in session in 13 days.

I'm really going to try to post quality pictures up on here that are my work and only my work! Hopefully this will keep me motivated through the New Year. :)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Miss You by Gabrielle Aplin

No comments:

Post a Comment