Sunday, August 28, 2016

Nineteen Years Later

Dinner with my cousins & brother
Today marks the day of my 19th year on this Earth! I’ve been blessed with all types of experiences throughout my life and I am absolutely looking forward to what my 19th year will bring.

My new cousin!
At the beginning of my day, I was woken up by my friend, Sam’s, birthday wish text. Right now, Sam’s attending school in New York so she’s three hours ahead. With my little ding ringtone going off at 7 AM, I ended up not being able to fall asleep, so I scrolled through Facebook for a while and eventually took a shower. Afterwards, Sam finished up at the gym and we FaceTimed for about 40 minutes, just catching up on life. Around 8:20, I drove over to IV to pick up my friend and we attended the New Ambassador training which took place from 9 AM to 1PM. Once I got home, my mom, brother and I hopped in the car at around 1:40 PM and headed towards Fresno to see my cousin, Ellie, and my week old cousin, Kenzie. We arrived here at about 5:30 PM and had dinner with my cousins and brother at BJ’s!


On the way to Fresno...
There were so many aspects of this day that I am so grateful for, but can’t explain. It could be from the myriad of Facebook posts, or the fact that I was surrounded by my family and friends today. As I’ve grown up and as the years have passed, the magic of my birthday has gradually worn off and as a now 19-year-old, I truly didn’t expect much for my birthday. With the sweet birthday text messages, SnapChats, Facebook posts and the spontaneous music breakouts of Happy Birthday to me, I've not felt this sense of warmth in a really long time.

Anyway, thank you for providing me with a wonderful birthday week, SBCC!~

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Whole Heart by Gryffin

No comments:

Post a Comment