Sunday, April 10, 2016

TB III: Finding the Right Shoe

It's Sunday evening at 8:43 PM and I'm back with a thought bubble post. Here's my reflection for this week:

We've all heard of the saying "if the shoe fits", haven't we?

Photoshoot w/ Friend
Basically referencing the classic Cinderella story, I've been having a bit of a hard time finding what fits for me. But after this semester, my passion for learning has just grown a lot more and I feel like I can finally relate to all of the other college students attending SBCC. It's been a really difficult journey and there's still a lot that I need to learn.

Anyway, with class registration coming up underway, I am so stressed out about if I am going to be taking enough classes or if I will graduate on time. I mean I'm staying in touch with my counselor so I should be doing fine, but I'm just so scared of not getting into the class I need or not doing so well in an essential class. I didn't feel the weight of school on my shoulders until we were running close to the end of this semester and I just want to pull my hair out! I'm doing that thing where I start second guessing my academic decisions and it's a place where I really do not want to be.

Alright, enough of that stressful paragraph. The bright side of things is that after this semester, I've only got one more year of SBCC left! Not that SBCC is an awful school, but I'll finally have the chance to explore my world a little more. Though frightening, I accept what the "real world" has to offer. I think of all of the possibilities that I have and all of the things I could do and the opportunities are endless, really. There are so many intelligent people in this world who can help me improve who I am and I truly believe that I realized that while meeting some of the most wonderful professors here at CC. Can you believe that I really only have two semesters left here? The time is racing by so quickly and there are still so many things that I want to do.

My life is as complicated as my palm.
I need to improve on my photography, continue practicing singing and I want to learn how to play piano. Dear goodness, I have so much that I need to learn, but how am I even going to have time?! Ah! So much to do, so much to see... The clock is ticking!

I did a photoshoot of my friend during the beginning of Spring Break and it was honestly the most fun I have had in a while. Walking around a deserted Isla Vista was so peaceful and we got some really awesome photos. There was a theme of "change" that I tried to base the photoshoot around. I explained to her, "How much have you changed?" Being such an open-ended question, I narrowed it down to how much she's changed from an elementary school student to a college student. I think it's incredible how we become so different with time... Doing this shoot really impacted the way that I saw myself in high school and how I see myself now. I'm not sure what it is that high school does to someone, but I was so insecure and unconfident when I was 15-years-old. All 18-year-old me wants to do is hug the 15-year-old me.

So... We are all on the path of finding the right shoe and Lord knows it's going to be one heck of a ride, but we'll all get there someday. Despite the obstacles, you will find the right shoe and you'll show that thing off! Believe it and achieve it. :)

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Where Does the Time Go by A Great Big World

No comments:

Post a Comment