Friday, February 12, 2016

Stop Rushing

You know, recently, I've started to pay attention to my actions in detail. Why do I always have to take the fast lane to and from school? Why am I always in such a rush to get my online assignments done? Frankly, I just narrowed it down to my personality, but I think I'm causing myself so much stress and anxiety by rushing things. I know tons of us have procrastinated at one point or another in our life and that's why we have to scramble out assignments together, but I'll be turning something in a couple days before it's due and I'll quickly get it done.
My calm workspace!

It started to become a lot more interesting when I started slowing my life down a little. My assignments were a lot cleaner, I felt completely satisfied after completing a job, and I didn't really experience any negativity. I'm starting to make a couple of small changes which are:

  1. Taking the scenic route or driving without complaining if someone is going just a little slower than I am. NOW, I'm not saying cut all of the super slow drivers some slack. That's definitely not going to be happening haha.
  2. Giving myself time to think! I've actually spent a couple of my evenings (6:00 PM to 7:00 PM) at the beach. I'll take a towel out to the sand, listen to my music, look at the stars, and look at the waves. Who knew how much you could do in a day?
  3. Paying attention to what needs to be done. Did you know that for the past week, I've gotten up 10 minutes earlier than I was supposed to and I made my bed before I left for school? Also, right before I go to sleep, I like to clean up my room a little so I don't wake up to so much chaos. Coming home and being able to just relax in my personal space after work or after school give me the best feelings.
I know I might be a little late to board the New Year's Resolution train, but I'm currently working on a list that I would like to accomplish for 2016. I want this year to be memorable, worthwhile and at all the same time, exciting. It's a lot to expect, but I know that I can make it a wonderful year.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Smile & Keep Your Head Up by Us the Duo

No comments:

Post a Comment