Thursday, February 4, 2016

No Parking? No Problem!


On My Way Home!
For the majority of students driving to school, like myself, isn't it SO hard to find a parking spot? We're already at the end of Week 3 and it's still extremely difficult to land yourself a parking spot if you aren't at school by 9:30 AM.
Inside the Bus

I have school on Mondays and Wednesdays at 11:10 and I can never find myself a parking spot other than the 90-minute parking sections. After class, I'm always rushing over to the lot and leaving in hopes of not getting a citation! In fact, I got my first one this year and a good $50 came out of my pocket.

Today, for the first time in college, I carpooled to school with my friend, Sam, and then took the 15X bus home. The bus stop was about a twenty minute walk from my house and the walk wasn't bad at all. The last time I remember taking the bus was back in High School before I had started driving. Luckily, SBCC has a designated bus line to and from UCSB/Isla Vista! So many of our students live in IV so this is definitely a great option instead of driving so you can save a couple of bucks a month on gas. Also, the bus comes around every 30 minutes so the schedule is really really flexible. However, if the bus isn't really a fit option for you, carpooling is also a really wonderful idea as well. The only hard parts are finding parking and if your carpool is late, you might be as well or vice versa. But, did you know that SBCC has a Commuting organization that offers a full refund on your Parking Permit if you've collected 10 Carpool Permits by the March 18, 2016. The refund will go towards your SBCC ID card.

That was my big adventure this week! I've recently been wanting to just take the other local buses and see where they take me as well. I think it would be so fun to explore Santa Barbara and Goleta with a friend by just taking the bus and getting off at random spots.

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to Nothin' Like You by Dan + Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment