Monday, November 28, 2016

No Cameras

Good morning (?)

As I'm writing this at the break of midnight, I just wanted to apologize for being MIA. It's been a really difficult week and I don't think I have ever been this refreshed after a break (although, it wouldn't have hurt to have it a little bit longer, haha). So.. how did I spend the past five days?

Starting with Wednesday, I had finished up my bio class in the morning, went home, packed and left to Fresno at 11 AM. My brothers and I drove up north to spend time with our cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles because our parents weren't in town; they were flying out to the Dominican Republic to celebrate my other aunt's birthday! It was an adults getaway so I was forbidden to go, but... no
(Practically) Lil' Sis and Chey
worries, there will be a day. Once we arrived to Fresno, we hung out around my grandparents' house for a while and the drove over to my aunt and uncle's house to have an early Thanksgiving dinner. There was a ton of food for my crazy big family! Too bad I didn't have the camera with me (my mom took it with her to DR) and my phone was out of storage (typical) so I HAVE NO EVIDENCE! We served ham, turkey, tri-tip, Hmong sausage, mashed potatoes, gravy, ambrosia salad, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, pumpkin spice whipped cream, regular whipped cream, and water. Now if reading that doesn't already make you full, I don't know what will. We gave our appreciation speeches, prayed and enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving meal. Afterwards, we just caught up with one another, spoke politics, got lectured about school, laughed at each others' jokes and watched boxing matches together.

Thursday was kind of a blur, actually. I remember making mashed potatoes and then going Black Friday shopping with my cousin Asa and my Aunt M. Black Friday was a 4/10 this year. I think Cyber Monday is more promising, frankly!

Friday was more shopping, but at places like Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Ulta, Michaels, Kirkland's and more. My Aunt M got a ton of Christmas decorations for her home! Asa and I ended up sleeping over at my aunt's house and resting for the remainder of the night.

Saturday was a stay-at-home, enjoy the rain kind of day. We woke up to the sun shining, but as soon as Asa and I got back from the grocery store, rain was pouring down and we decided to help my aunt clean her house and put her Christmas tree up. We spent all day in the house, but it was so nice to just sit and talk about life and its worries. My other cousin, Carrie, ordered Domino's and we watched Cinderella that night..... until a power outage happened and we lit two candles and shined five flashlights. Surprisingly, the kids weren't very scared (and I won't admit it, but I was!)

Now finally, I am home, ready to hit the hay. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving/Fall Break!

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Catching On by Elephante feat. Nevve

No comments:

Post a Comment