Sunday, November 6, 2016

I Never Knew

PC: Maya H.
This past weekend was WILD.

My friend, Maya, was going to be coming home for the weekend and we're both loving photography lately (her more than me) and she's been trying to hunt for a good spot to build up her photo bank so she can edit them and upload them to her photography Instagram profile. Well, she had asked me if I'd be in town on Thursday and she had mentioned to me that she wanted to hit up a spot in Gaviota! Apparently there's a hot spring in Gaviota which is majorly crazy because in my whole 19 years of living in the 805 valley, I have never heard of this place.

Celebrating the Sunday Sunrise

Maya slept over at my house on Saturday night and we were supposed to be studying for tests and quizzes, but we got hooked on this travel vlogger named Andrew Kearns and then we talked a lot and by the time we knew it, we should have already been asleep. Knocking out at around 11 PM, I ended up waking at 4:30 in the morning and got on my phone, replied to text messages, did the whole shabang and Maya woke up at 4:35. We got ready as quickly as we could... Figured we should eat something, so I made the famous Bob D's (Sam's Dad) toast with pesto and egg for Maya and I to enjoy before we left. I couldn't find my keys so I took the spare... Forgot my camera of all things, called my brother to get the door because I didn't have the house key, ran upstairs and ended up leaving my house 15 minutes later than we had planned: 5:30 AM.

Adventures w/ Maya
So, we were north-bound and took the exit towards the trailhead and "hiked" for a little over half a mile. We stopped for a lot of pictures, haha. Then, we climbed up a major hill (sidenote: I'm SO sore. I don't know how I'll be able to climb the stairs at school at this point) and got some really gorgeous photo ops there. At about 7:00, we decided it was actually time to find the hot springs.

We walked back down, took a weird, small, hidden turn and hiked up for about a quarter mile and saw the little pool. Let me just say, it did not smell pretty... at all. It probably smelled like egg for the whole two hours that we stayed there. But, there was gorgeous scenery and we had amazing photos to shoot! I was actually really impressed with how everything turned out. This weekend had to have been one of the best weekends of the school year, by far.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Queen Elizabeth by Cheat Codes

No comments:

Post a Comment