Sunday, January 31, 2016

What Do You Love?

I'm really happy!
Lately, I've been thinking... What is love to us and how do we know that we love it? For so many people, love can simply just be maintaining a relationship with a special individual, but what so many of us seem to miss are what love applies to. It can be passion, family, friends, hobbies, and much, much more.

Taking BUS 101 with Professor Bonnie Chavez has already impacted the way that I see myself and has addressed how I feel towards my academic and personal endeavors. During a lecture, the topic of student debt and good schools seemed to come up and for some reason, I was able to really relate towards the discussion. Why DO so many high school graduates immerse themselves into a four-year institute institute right away and end up in an inevitable pool of debt? Why DO they want to subject themselves to professors who just "do their job" by walking into a room of two hundred students and lecture for an hour? Where's the connection or passion in all of this? Professor Chavez opened my eyes about not only the business aspect of attending a community college before transferring, but also the details and challenges in my life that I seemed to overlook.
SBCC View

I was able to completely relate to the first kind of student: a high school graduate looking forward to transferring to a four year institute. However, after just a couple of months of attending SBCC, I realize that I have become a happier and healthier individual because I have been so confident in my decisions. While I have heard of so many financially stressful stories from friends who are away, I was never able to agree with their situation because I was in a really great place in my life.

So... While a ton of people are still attempting to find out what they love, I have discovered that I love me. As conceited and selfish as that may sound, I wouldn't really consider what I had during my senior year of high school anywhere near self-love. Therefore being at this amazing place in my life right now seems to be one of the greatest accomplishments thus far. I have given myself an empowering reason to wake up each day and embrace the day that I would be taking on. 

See you next post,
Chey

Currently listening to I Do by Susie Suh

1 comment: