Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Let's Get to Know Me

Welcome back to the sunny school season, my fellow Vaqueros!

We're already going on our fifth week of school which means midterms and exams are flying ALL over the place, am I right or am I right? The stress is taking its toll and I'm going nuts! Anyway, you might be wondering, "Whose blog am I reading right now?" Well... I'm Cheyanne or as my friends like to call me, Chey. Let's start with the basic ten random facts about me.

10 Facts About Chey:

  1. I'm Hmong. The Hmong people originated in the Southeastern parts of Asia, mainly Laos and Thailand! Many Hmong immigrants moved to the United States in the 1970s and 1980s and that's how a lot of my family members ended up here in the U.S.
  2. Since we're on the topic of years, I was born in good 'ole '97. August 27, 1997 to be exact! That makes me 18-years-old.
  3. Some of my favorite hobbies include singing, playing guitar, photography, crocheting, and baking. I'd also like to include that I'm mildly into fashion; However, I don't think my sense is all that developed yet so we'll just have to hold off on that one. I'm one of those people who just can't settle on one hobby AKA a hobby hopper.
  4. My favorite kind of weather is the kind where you can bundle up in layers and you might just have to keep an umbrella with you in case of a pour.
  5. You know how I said I enjoy singing? Well, I took lessons for a good 8 years.
  6. I grew up in Lompoc, CA for 11 and a half years of my life, moved to Goleta, CA the summer before 7th grade and I've been here since!
  7. Chey is actually pronounced "shy", but people have pronounced it as "shay" since the 8th grade. Now, I don't mind either one.
  8. Unlike many young kids, I didn't like dolls. To this day, I still think they are the creepiest, scariest, intimidating toys to ever exist on the face of this earth. I absolutely despise humanlike dolls.
  9. I'm generally a really friendly and social person, so if you see me around school, please say hi! I'm always looking for a way to make new friends.
  10. I'm a freshman at SBCC.
Chey's friends @ The Humanities Building
SBCC, eh? The #1 City College in the Nation. Let me repeat myself, the Nation. I am genuinely so excited to be attending this fantastic school with its amazing staff, friendly students and all the resources it has to offer. So many of my friends from high school are currently attending and it's nice to have so many familiar faces in a new environment. My current goal is to transfer out with an Associates degree in Business Management. I still need to talk to my counselor because I also want to see if I can minor in Journalism. Are minors a thing here? We'll see.

Wish me the best of luck on my midterms and all things school! I'm spending the rest of my evening in Group Study Room #17 because I have an upcoming exam for Physics 105 with Doug Folsom! He's an incredible professor, if I may say. Did I also mention the upcoming exam I have in Math 130 with Peter Georgaki?  Yeah, well that's sneaking up on me this Thursday. Yay me! But, Peter is pretty darn amazing as well. Couldn't have asked for a better math instructor.

See you next post,

Chey

Currently listening to Pushing Away by Kevin Garrett

2 comments:

  1. Singing huh.... Check this upcoming SBCC singing competition out! You should audition! You can win money!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/895356637207974/

    Pick up an application in the Office of Student life Office (CC-217)
    AUDITION are October 9 in DM101, from 1 to 4pm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I got the e-mail for that! I'll think about it... :)

      Delete