Sunday, April 9, 2017

School Online?

This semester, I'm finishing up with two online classes in my schedule and it's definitely been a real challenge. I've taken online classes before, but usually one per semester and that made it a little easier to focus on the class. I'm taking COMP 109 and 271 online this semester and I just have to admit, juggling all of the assignments have not been the easiest.

I think the most important thing is to remember when each and every assignment is due. For both of my classes, the due dates have been at a pattern for the past few weeks so it’s been a little easier to build a schedule to follow and be prepared to finish everything that needs to be submitted. My biggest problem is just portioning out the workload so that my assignments are finished to the tee and I get the best grade I deserve. I’m so guilty of turning the assignment about an hour before it is due and that kind of leaves me hating my work because I didn’t spend the time that I needed to on it.

Another thing that’s super important is to make sure that if you have any questions, you e-mail your professor as soon as you are able to! That kind of goes hand in hand with completing your assignment a day or two before it’s actually due. That way you can send your question and hear back from your professor AND revise your work before you submit it! I know I’ve come across a ton of problems whether it be technical or a question about the assignment. Many times, I just assumed that I can figure out the answer on my own, but it really took away time that I could be spending on putting effort into my assignment.

I usually recommend online classes if you’re one to really be strict with yourself on turning assignments in on time, but if not… online classes are so difficult!

See you next post,

Chey


Currently listening to Heart by Flor

No comments:

Post a Comment